All about The Journey Of Flower aka Hua Qiangu, the TV series



10 Latest/Updated posts
Loading...

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

There are 2 versions of this series; the Hunan TV version which is shorter, more episodes and about 15 minutes ahead with possible more or lesser scene and the Uncut version which is longer per episode and is about 15 minutes slower. Uncut doesn't mean it is not censored. I am following the Uncut version, so all the videos for download and recaps are based on Uncut version. The subbers at Viki is also following the uncut version. Please take note of that.

All pictures are thumbnails, even if animated images so do click on them for the original size!
Don't bookmark specific posts except for Episode Reviews because they're dynamic; I will often update the post with latest date, so better to use http://p2e-hqg.blogspot.com/ and you can always find the link in the sidebars.

I welcome comments, I welcome spoilers so post away. I mean I already know the ending!




RAMBLINGS : ALL ABOUT BAI ZIHUA AKA WALLACE HUO JIANHUA

The following are my various posts specifically on Bai Zihua, very photo centric and yes, a lot of love. Some spoilers may be revealed in here.


14.09.2015
A CLARIFICATION ON RELATIONSHIP RUMOURS
Sorry girls, Bai Zihua is not with Hua Qiangu in real life. Well to some this may be great news.

Huajae Company at Weibo which is indirectly Wallace's weibo account (he doesn't have one officially and the day he opens one is when aliens taken over him) issued an indirect denial on recent relationship rumours with whoever he is rumoured with, specifically Liying and all those so called exposes.


@ Huajaecompany: The one that Hua Ge is in love with is this, therefore he is now in a relationship with it. Others so called relationships are pure fiction. 

There you have it. He rarely issues any statements personally,  not even on the Viann "one night stand-third party-hotel trysts" rumours. Usually it is Huajae Company that does it and even they're  not quite actively denying. Anyway he is now into cycling it seems. I am however not sure that IS his bicycle though.



07.09.2015
Series ending tonight. And so here are some pictures from previous night, BZH sweating, crying, threatened. So much flesh on his cheeks. If now, I doubt there will be so much flesh!!
















31.08.2015
Series is ending next Monday and poor BZH is  back to vomiting blood. I don't know how to feel. He is almost sick all the time.



But I was annoyed how HQG can hurt her shifu that way. Of course she doesn't know but the fact that she fought back annoys me.

Anyway let's go for some lighter side of things. BZH and football! This is funny!






24.08.2015
BZH and HQG during much happier times. Love his costume, look how thick it was. Look at HQG holding onto his sleeves. Problem is I don't recall this scene and I don't think it was even in the Hunan TV version. The way they pose, I will say this is promo picture. Apparently there is a teleplay version and frankly I am not sure what it is and will post more when I find out. For now, enjoy the happier times. HQG has stopped smiling like ages ago.







23.08.2015
Here are pictures of BZH flinging his arms around. I can watch these forever!







This is funny! Almost like a dance!



In all these pictures, notice Wallace's expression. Never once break character, even when practising for a scene!




19.08.2015
Here are pictures of Wallace not yet in costume. Looks robust but he is slim. However imagine how many layers he had on to look bigger and imagine the heat.









11.08.2015
Wallace said because his hair was super short when he filmed this series because he just finished Biao Men (where he shaved his hair for the Qing costume series), he had to wear a cap and then the wig. The cap was so tight it pulled his eyes back, so it was difficult for him to move the skin around his eye or forehead. I think I know what he means...

See this picture of him without the cap..




Then look at the one in the wig, you can see the skin around his forehead is pulled back tight...


Some more...



I wonder did he have difficulty closing his eyes or blinking?





10.08.2015
I admit I am slow in my recaps and watching this series. For uncut I am at episode 32 and intentionally so. Everytime I felt like watching 3 straight I just stopped. It is now 4 episodes in and shifu is still poisoned. I get the fans' frustration at the long depiction but at this point I feel like I am as desperate as HQG to cure shifu. And when he is cured, he will  be stabbed by god knows how to many nails and that almost killed off his immortality. Frankly I do not know at which point or how his immortality is destroyed but have been saying this for a long time; HQG indeed is his fated calamity. The girl does things with the best of intentions but the point is she thinks she can shoulder the entire responsibility without ever thinking those who love her, like her shifu will willingly bear the burden as well. So her good intentions always deflect back as punishment for those who love her. Of course saving shifu is top priority but lying about it to me is peculiar.

Anyway still going along watching, recapping as I go along. It feels funny that whilst I read others' observations and watch bits and pieces of future episodes to get 1 perspective but when I watch it, it feels different. Never at any point up until now do I feel BZH is in love with HQG. Greatest of affection indeed but in love? I never got that impression, maybe until he kisses her. I don't know. If I ever meet a real BZH, I will tell him sparing HQG's life is right but taking her on as your disciple as against the wishes of heavens is wrong and will be deflected back at both of you and people you both love ten fold. In other words, don't fight fate but go with the flow.





06.08.2015
Two of my most favourite Wallace characters together...



05.08.2015
Dying sick face...


Oh my god!

Healthier not sick face...


I think  I have seen his sick face for so long I kinda forgotten Bai Zihua's healthy face.


05.08.2015
I actually posted enough posts in his international fan forum to exchange an autograph previously but got lost. Then I won one through the same fan forum in Facebook through lucky draw (still waiting!!) and now today I received my second autograph (exchanged with tokens) and it happens to be the one Bai Zihua picture I fell in love with a year ago!! 

So happy! Gonna laminate it, but am scared will burn it! 

 Anyway yeah! What lucky day today!







29.07.2015
BAI ZIHUA, MOST BEAUTIFUL POISONED DYING IMMORTAL
And imagine this, his body will go poof and disappear. What a waste. All these taken from Wallace Huo Inernational Forum and they all feature 2 common things;

1. A very sick BZH
2. A very beautiful sick BZH.

Wallace redefined sick and poison and beautiful and handsome and alluring, all in one sentence. Rare feat. Make up dept did a great job, at least not purple lips like how HQG was when she was poisoned, twice earlier, I believe.








29.07.2015
HMMM... SHIFU.... YOU HAVE BEEN LEAVING WILLS EVERYWHERE
I get why fans are frustrated by the length of BZH's poisoned state. I mean I skimmed through a few episodes and it does seem like he has been walking around giving his last words, wishes, instructions for a very long time but he doesn't look like he is dying, yet. But he is... he is...panda eyes coming soon.





26.07.2015
BEAUTIFUL FLYING SCENE
Credit to weibo. Should be Episode 28 (uncut) which I will recap after watching Episode 29 (uncut) tonight. Lovely flying, the clothes in motion. So beautiful. And so is our shifu, such up close and personal with his expressive eyes. Wallace's eyes surely is open wide in this series. I don't think I have seen his eyes wide opened more than 3 times in his series except for this. He has broken his own record. The director definitely knows how to capture the best angle of his/her actors.









18.07.2015
BAI ZIHUA, AND NO ONE ELSE
Thank you. Thank you!! Even it may be sarcasm, I don't know but I don't care. THANK YOU!!

I will say for a series sorta dominated by special effects and CGI the most beautiful is the one no CGI is ever needed.



Jokes aside. The fashion in this series is so gorgeous in its simplicity and yet effectiveness in conveying a character I am just astounded. I will find out more about the designer who I believe is an award winner designer or something.


18.07.2015
SHIFU... SMILES!
Stop everything!! Bai Zihua... SMILES!!



16.07.2015
HOTTEST SICK IMMORTAL EVER
Literally, sick. If any immortal is sick, must look like this one..


Why is HQG always fainted whenever hot shifu is showing slightest emotion? Seriously, Wallace is absolutely stunning in here.

Anyway I just realise I haven't watch episode 23. Since subtitle is out, life is made easier.


16.07.2015
THE DUBBER
I was curious who was Bai Zihua's voice. Sounded familiar and thanks to Elizabeth, here's the list of Wallace's roles and his dubber, and as you can see some have 2 dubbers in one show (huh?) and many repeated names but what caught my eye was the one in bold...

Journey of Flower 沈磊 
Great Protector 王凯
Perfect Couple 边江、罗伟杰
Swordsman 边江、陈健豪
Chinese Detective 边江
In the Name of Doctors 陈浩
The Glamorous Imperial Concubine 王凯、黄启昌
Vigilantes in the Mask 沈磊、杨耀泰
Chinese Paladin 3 沈磊
Go Yi Yi Go 陈浩

Chinese Paladin 3's Xu Changqing is sort of like to me what Bai Zihua will become so I am surprised to read same dubber. The same dubber who now sounds older and was the same voice for Wallace almost a decade ago or so. Interesting. In fact he sounds like 4th Prince from BBJX.  I googled and found this and indeed!! Even the look between CP3 and HQG is similar. In fact isn't HQG the sect leader of Xu Changqing's sect? Can't remember. Anyway I will imagine Xu Changing cultivated many years and became Bai Zihua!! In fact in CP3, his lover's name is Zixuan. So you can imagine why Zixun so pissed off. Years later, Zixuan became Zixun and our Xu Changqing now BZH is in love with HQG! Was the author a fan of CP3??


 He hardly aged!

Did you watch Chinese Paladin 3? The actors hardly aged. Hu Ge aged the most and Liu Shishi was painful to watch. Yang Mi has frozen over time and only 2 actors look better than back then if that is even possible and that is Tang Yan and Wallace. But then everybody was so very young then, so a decade later wouldn't make much difference in looks.


05.07.2015
MUNDANE STUFF ; HAIR COMBING SCENE
I am not sure which episode is this fanart is from but I found the GIF file. I mean it is just hair combing but why does it look so beautiful or rather he looks so beautiful? The hair looks real by the way. Can't fault the hair and make up of this series.




04.07.2015
FAMOUS STRIPPING SCENE, ANOTHER ANGLE
I think this short scene nearly broke ... ok maybe not but it did cause quite a meltdown amongst fans. Do you believe he is more fleshed out in this series which is I believe filmed a year ago or so than he is now where he is back to his skinny self? Too thin. I thought he looked so much better with flesh but so many roles demand he be skinny. Come on writers, write him a character where he isn't pale and skinny!


And the following is HQG's version... surely imagination ran wild because he was wearing pants and this version... stopped right there! Seriously cute scene.



02.07.2015
PICTURES GALORE : SPOILER? NO!!!!!!!!!!!
What did you do, HQG?? WHY?!


Oh I don't want to know!! 


02.07.2015
PICTURES GALORE : TOUCHY FEELY COLLECTION
I was looking for this sort of pictures;

but instead I can't find such hot scene and got a lot of touchy feely pictures which are intimate because come on, will you let just anyone to comb your hair? Hairstylist style and wash and cut your hair but actually comb your hair? Very very intimate act but I did wish at least one kissing scene.

So here is a collection of hugging scene or touchy scenes or in some ways just touching some part or another. Their relationship gets progressively closer and is shown by their progressively intimate closeness.




  


29.06.2015
ALL ABOUT BAI ZIHUA AND HIS "ALONE" MOMENTS
I am going to drown you with BZH. If BZH is to advertise for immortality, I don't think anyone will want to invest in this business of eternal life, because BZH does everything alone, and alone he does so beautifully well, it is just tragic. Let's see what he does alone...

He carries his piano, alone

He checks his watch, alone

He plays chess, alone which explains why he keeps winning

He plays piano, alone

He reads comic books, alone

He goes boating, alone

He waters his plants, alone

He opens the door, alone

He meditates, alone

He admires his own sword, alone

He plants flowers, alone

He admires the gloomy weather, alone

He sorta smiles to himself, alone

He practices his script, alone

And did you notice in all the ALONE pictures, there is not one smile? That is why BZH is miserable. He perfects the art of doing everything alone, but so devastatingly beautifully alone that I just feel like intruding into his alone time and just say "Zihua, you need not be alone! Eternity is a long time to be alone!" That's why he needs HQG in his life, even if mostly he leaves her alone because she doesn't leave him alone. Go girl!



23.06.2015
A KISS FROM BZH
Nicknamed Bai Bai. Ahhh fans... they can come up with the most affectionate name. Love this.

3 comments:

  1. I am so disappointed with the ending. It was so good with the book but the movie cut the best part out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the movie? You mean series. Movie is just 1 video beginning to end. and series is lots of episodes. you think all of the journey of the flower be in one full video to put in a movie theatre so people have to watch all of them and never go home and just eat popcorn all day? Yeah.. They cut the best part -.- They probably think its inappropiate for children. lOl! What about let the parents dont let the children watch it until they're teenager or more?

      Delete
  2. This was my first Chinese drama ever, and finding out that they actually dubbed the voices is really heartbreaking! (Did they dub all of them?) What I liked about Bai ZiHua was his poker face (and those times he actually smiled) and his voice! Really shocked (and disappointed) that it isn't Wallace Huo's voice T^T
    However, had a little laugh over Bai ZiHua and his "alone" moments. Thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid listing spoilers for future episodes. You can write those speculations and spoilers in the post about Speculations and Spoilers. No vulgarity. Other than that, post away!

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks