All about The Journey Of Flower aka Hua Qiangu, the TV series



10 Latest/Updated posts
Loading...

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

There are 2 versions of this series; the Hunan TV version which is shorter, more episodes and about 15 minutes ahead with possible more or lesser scene and the Uncut version which is longer per episode and is about 15 minutes slower. Uncut doesn't mean it is not censored. I am following the Uncut version, so all the videos for download and recaps are based on Uncut version. The subbers at Viki is also following the uncut version. Please take note of that.

All pictures are thumbnails, even if animated images so do click on them for the original size!
Don't bookmark specific posts except for Episode Reviews because they're dynamic; I will often update the post with latest date, so better to use http://p2e-hqg.blogspot.com/ and you can always find the link in the sidebars.

I welcome comments, I welcome spoilers so post away. I mean I already know the ending!




MY VIEW ON THE ENDING

8.9.15 Written by Funn Lim 19 Comments Post a comment
The video I posted in Peek Into Future Episode is the ending but that is just a small part of it. My feelings on the ending as posted in various forums and I won't mince my words;

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great episode killed by haphazard cutting and censor. Makes no sense, no continuity. It is as if even the director just say to hell with it, cut it all and put them all into dvd.

Help! I wanna cry! I wanna cry at the butchery! I wanna cry at the rubbish ending! It should have stopped at her death. It had everything! Everything! but the curse seems more like an angry woman rant. No effect whatsoever. And suddenly the last act, I feel like as a viewer and a fan I just got slapped. Just piece whatever rubbish together and there it is a happy ending. TAke it! TAKE IT!

What did I just watched?

At least MXL and Qingshui made sense even if very sad.

Oh and he went insane off camera!

I feel like I wasted 58/50 hours of my time. Fantastic acting but the cutting, it is the decision of the filmmaker and as if they too gave up.

Worst treated series. Worst.

Forgive my language, I feel like crying. I feel like WTH did I just watched? Can't they even show how Mo Yan sacrificed himself? What the hell happened? The story should have stopped at her death where she cursed him out of love, she regretted  and she died. Apparently he went insane (cut), Mo Yan sacrificed himself to revive HQG (cut), stupid amnesia.

What on earth did I just wasted my 1 hour for? The ending where she died was beautiful. That should be the ending. And then it went on. And it became a joke. I am sure the 4 episodes extra probably addressed all these but seriously,


WHAT DID I JUST WATCHED? And what a sordid relationship. In the eyes of the world he is her shifu and there they were, intimate. I don't get it. The one that makes sense is Qingshui and MXL and that was a sad one.

It is not Hunan. It is the filmmakers who did the cutting in the end. SARFT gave the guidelines. Hunan gave the conditions. I believe it is so.

Last 10 min was god awful because it made no sense. He used Mingsheng Sword and yet the story did not operate within its own integrity. I wished it ended with her death. It had all the elements, all the dialogue. Let it be a beautiful sad ending but it went on to a happy ending stuffed down our throats. I feel insulted. A beautiful production with amazing acting but the editing is beyond appalling. It is an insult to my intelligence and it all began after shifu got cured from his poison.
  
And it is to me Wallace Huo's best performance, it had everything but in the end he was reduced to crying crying crying. Is this love? Because if it is, I don't want this sort of love. And it is so weird she calls him Shifu, he treats her like disciple but their hug was intimate. So this is role playing now? Wait till they have sex!

I don't like how my beautiful strong Bai Zihua is reduced into a heap of emotional mess of a man having PMS all the time. What I do appreciate is HQG cursed him out of love but the cursing had zero effect. It was like a angry rant of a dying woman, a woman so keen on having the man scream I LOVE YOU to the world. It never showed Mo Yan's sacrifice, suddenly there's SQM speaking beyond the grave, SCQ suddenly is the leader of 7 Murder Faction Sect and suddenly it seems like what a happy chirpy world it is. It is utter rubbish editing.

Give me the proper cut!!

Seriously, I feel like crying. I really do but not for the right reasons. I won't curse the directors, they filmed an amazing amount of footage. I don't blame the censorship, because SARFT is SARFT, you work within the guidelines. Hunan maybe if they're the executive decisions. Yes in the end it had to be a combination of all these. I see this series has the series with the worst treatment and I still don't get why and my only guess is


1. Yuzheng rubbish series is next and so hunan is pushing HQG away to be on time

2. the filmmakers have given up the fight with the executives with happy scissors and just wanna finish with this version so they can move on to proper version and DVD release and I hate them for it.

3. In the end for the producers, it is all about the money. Because I don't believe for one second SARFT has banned ALL kissing scenes, ALL hugging scenes, ALL good sense in any script scenes, ALL continuity scenes, etc etc.

I am very angry. The DVD better make up for this humiliation!

And I agree with what this fan said of how the series mistreated BZH after his poisoned state;

I know some readers felt that the ending was a happy one in that Bai Zi Hua finally realised his love for Hua Qian Gu and gave up everything to be with her and to “atone” for his “wriong choices”.

But to me, the author has painted Bai Zi Hua’s image so successfully as the ultimate immortal – he is aloof because he has seen so much of life that all emotions, pains, happiness, even lives themselves are transient, he shoulders the responsibility for maintaining the delicate balance among each world (mortal, immortal, demons, ghosts, spirits) because he has the ability and was entrusted by his teacher to take on that role.

And I felt that that was what Hua Qian Gu saw in him. She loved the Bai Zi Hua who cared for the world more than for himself.

But in the end, her love for him forced him to become another person.

A series of unfortunate circumstances pushed Hua Qian Gu towards selfishness, and also made Bai ZI Hua a selfish person. Not that I’m against selfishness in love, but at least for Bai Zi Hua, his name equates selflessness so it felt like the very defining quality in him was gone.

19 comments:

  1. There will be 4 extra episodes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I do not know if I regretted watching this drama or not. I first watched it because my cousin said it was good. Ok, i got hooked onto it (mainly because of WH, also my 1st time watching his drama) & I must say it's good! WH acting is fantastic here. I disagree some people said he got no expression. Perhaps those who said these did not know the character of 白子画. I personally felt WH nailed the character. I've also never watched any of LY drama before, I have to say, she's good here especially from an innocent 徒弟 to a demon goddess! Plus the chemistry between WH & LY is superb. The first 28 episodes were enjoyable, but afterwards I found 师父 poisoning episodes slightly too long. Haiz, when 师父 recovered from the poisoning, sadness/problems/separation to our ill-fated couple. The last 2 episodes were crap I think. I mean, where's the bed scene? The kiss scene? I am a sucker for sweet ending so to me, the flying to the sunset was alright for me except that perhaps they could have put that they were already married by that time as 师父 was hugging her quite intimately on the raft. I like to believe they have gotten married (lol). Else it looks weird for Master-Student to be hugging this way right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're not married and not intimate. It is a weird relationship but like SXM asked, why not take it further but he is happy with the way things are, like the way things were. This is one of the epilogues the author wrote so I am ok with that sort of ending except how it leads to there is absolute crap. It's not even sweet ending and the song used is like a warning premonition. What choice will she make if she remembers? No worries. She will go back to him. Maybe some scenes are better not filmed. I hated the weak BZH, how love reduced him into such petty being. I hated the dialogue "what do we care about the world" speech when she died because it means turn your back on the world. I prefer Tong Sam Jong of JTTW; nothing shakes his conviction but you can't deny his deep affection for his disciple. This HQG by this bad edition is just all about me my feelings my emotions. Everyone kept saying BZH you forsaken her and he said so himself but look buddy, forsaken her? When? How? Is eloping the only way NOT forsaking her?

      The book is troubling if that is the core story but the series tried to tone it down except major narrative fail when cut out key scenes so you just get one insistent Demon God when she is the way she is because he played her feelings. When she is stable, he returns. When she is able to pull away he kisses her. That sort. Without these each is like a petulant child but I am still on crybaby's side; HQG is just too impossible to please. She says she expects nothing in the end she expects everything.

      Delete
  3. Really, what a way to end the drama! I was shocked when I saw Shifu crying on the floor & I went like "what happened here"?? I agree with you, I disliked the weak & weeping Shifu. Than I read somewhere that there were certain scenes deleted which led to him crying hard on the floor. Where are those scenes? Also, I thought the punishment for NMT was too lenient. I could really punch her. Also for MY! Both NMT & MY should go into the "colour water or what you call that" & soak themselves. Bet their scar would be lot worse than QG & Shifu scar. And how did MY save QG? Dont think we saw the scene Shifu wore purple robe? All these were not addressed....wasted! I like the character of Sha jie jie although I thought he was not so cruel as he should be. DFYQ ok initially i didnt like him but in the end he redeemed himself by standing by QG all the time. Love TB, she was loyal to her "gu tou niang qing". Infact if you think abt it, the demon QG became like ZX - both were so obsessed with BZH. Practically forcing love down his throat (hahaha)! I really love how WH played BZH. Very excellent acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the 3 pictures in a peek in future episode post. Basically he was tongue kissing her until they drop on the bed. More scenes are deleted such as him sleeping on the bed and she touches his chest etc etc

      Delete
  4. Thank you Funn for this space to rant & grumble at the rushed/abrupt ending of this drama. I thought it started well, love the chemistry between Wallace and Li Ying. All the other artistes were great as well. Somewhere in the middle it got draggy, would be fine if they cut down BZH poisoning scenes. Ok, afterwards it got really bad between Qian Gu and Bai Zi Hua. All the misunderstanding. But I don't doubt his love for her. His is not the spoken words type of love but the I will die for you type of love. Towards the end Qian Gu annoyed me. She knew what ShiFu is like right from the beginning but here suddenly she is forcing love words out of him. And the last episode is hard to understand. The ShiFu on the floor crying is so unbecoming of Bai Zi Hua. The man who always stood tall with head high is gone in that scene! I didnt read the novel as I couldnt do chinese but read the threads in soompi. However, i cant seem to find soompi on the internet now...I watched this drama on youtube but suddenly can't find the drama in youtube too.
    Btw, I live in Singapore and our broadcasting station is currently airing QingShiHuangFei. I will give it a miss as I disliked Palace drama. Regards to you, I am Janice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the bloody censorship! The scene was after he passionately kissed her, momentarily losing control and he felt ashamed he felt lust for her so he crumbled and cried. Just a guy realising he may like the opposite sex and the fact that she is his disciple or maybe that's an excuse. But the editing.. terrible.

      Yes I am annoyed at HQG too. I hate how this series minimalizes my BZH making him into nothing. If love is this way, I'd rather never to love. I find more dignity in being not in love.

      Soompi is still here.

      http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/344363-mainland-chinese-drama-2015-the-journey-of-flower-%E8%8A%B1%E5%8D%83%E9%AA%A8/?page=148

      QSHF is a beautifully filmed series and Wallace is gorgeous but his character takes a bit of affection for the actor to like. It's not about politics but about ... LOVE. You will have Ma Fu Ya.

      You can read what happens in my review...

      http://point2e-reviews.blogspot.my/2012/07/qing-shi-huang-fei-glamorous-imperial.html

      Thanks for reading my rants as well.

      Delete
  5. Forgive me but I just need to rant. I watched it 3x. The 1st time I ended in HQG ship. 2nd time I ended in BZH ship. 3rd time, I'm in nobody's ship. I praise WH, LY, MK, ZDF & all the casts. They really played their role well. Even MY & NMT. It is because they played their character so well that we hate them so much! If there's anything wrong with the drama, I blame it on the censorship, the editing, the pacing & even the script.
    I start with Sha 姐姐. Even though many love his character as Sha 姐姐 who would do anything for 小不点 but I didnt find his character attracts me. Most of the time he's either too busy looking after his beauty or having a nice time with 小不点. I would prefer if the script portrayed him a stronger character as the Leader of the Seven Murder Sect. Seems he's pretty mild in the drama. And to say that he loved 小不点 the most, I beg to differ. It was because she reminded him of his (dead) sister that's why he befriended her & later liked or loved her.
    Now I go to 东方, he did redeem himself with his death. I forgive him at his death because he did try to make amends after he realised he had fallen for 骨头. Even though he knew she loved BZH, he was willing to be with her until she finds her happiness (his death words). I personally feel HQG is happier with someone like 东方. If she would just leave everything behind after she came out of Mang Huang & start life afresh with 东方.
    The script is just ridiculous for NMT & MY. NMT cheated at the sword competition. Should'nt Chang Liu be wary of her? Instead she's allowed to be a disciple. I mean cheated to the extent of hurting/damaging the opponent's internal organs. MY i think he's not suited to be an immortal at all. Kills people like he's killing mosquito & nobody takes action against him? I seriously think the scriptwriters had flaws with their writing here. Yes, we're supposed to hate NMT & MY in the drama but it's strange that NMT is still allowed to walk around Chang Liu when she no longer was a disciple. When MY killed 东方 by mistake is like is fine. Chang Liu people can just simply kill?
    And that ZX, if it wasn't because of her jealousy, BZH wouldn't be poisoned. In the end she played saint when all the damage had been done. I don't pity her at all.
    Now to BZH & HQG, both their interaction/chemistry is great. I love their days in Hall of Emotionless. It was sweet up to episode 30. Than it went downhill. BZH poisoning was too draggy. I can understand her POV that she wants to save her BZH at all cost at the expense of her life. Yes, she was a young girl. She didnt think of the consequences. She only thought of her Teacher's life. I give her that, being young & naive. She willingly accepted all the punishments meted on her. Poor girl. She really loved him too much. She was willing to be just by his side, she wld be contented. BZH is a very difficult man to love. His love is too deep & too hidden. Given his status as Leader, as Teacher, he could not admit his love. Isn't it enough his actions spoke for it. It sort of got draggy in the end or hard to understand the storyline as it got chopped, edited & what knots.
    The ending was like....ah? What's happening? MY redeemed himself by saving her? How? BZH went crazy off screen? The couple sailed off to some island as Teacher/Disciple but hugging pretty intimately. I would prefer the script said they're no longer Teacher/Disciple. That would explain the hug. Or strictly Teacher/Disciple no hug. The plot did get messy somehow somewhere i just had to fast forward.
    Would I prefer if 小骨regain her memory? Personally I would prefer not. I rather she start her life all over again. I rather BZH start afresh with a new 小骨.
    Sorry for my long rant. I just gotta get it off me. Thank you for bearing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh & I forgot to add, when BZH became her servant/slave, I went like.....what? I would rather she forbid him to enter Seven Murder, he can pine for her in Hall of Emotionless or he can try all ways & means just to see her. Instead I'm seeing a down trodden BZH. And yes, with the leaks, we can see how much is chopped off. The kiss was really good. Wish someone can upload a clearer view of it. How did BZH learn to kiss like this? (Alittle off track here, I watched LMIYD, not really liking the female lead, haven't found any chemistry btwn them yet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. Where did he learn to kiss like that? It just doesn't make sense. He suddenly feel jealous? Doesn't make sense. He has kept strongly to the teacher and student boundary, so how did he feel jealous out of the blue or act out of jealous? They cut it short and destroy the ending. It is not the ending itself that disappoint me, but the events that lead to it. It was fast, choppy, and fail to create the feeling for me.

      Delete
  7. you have to understand background of the story. BZH is her master and his practice require him to forget personal loving, Plus according to old rule, master and student relationship is like father and daughter, the whole society did not accept their sex relationship or marriage. So HQG know that she was falling in love with her master. She decide not to tell him so as to keep the chance to stay with him closely as his student and look after him and practice together.

    BZH also know HQG was in love him, however he is so pround of his capability of his practice and he believe he can control his emotion to keep away from sex relationship. however by end of story he found he also fall in love with her, he is very self ashamed of himself. Read the original novel, BZH said to himself: her student is only a young girl and it's normal for her to lose control of her self emotion, however, he is her teacher and practice over 1000 years of emotionless, how could he fall in love with his own student. he feel shamed of himself as teacher, he supposed to be guild of her and not ruin the role of master. he feel that he ruin the role of master. think about a teacher in a school with religion background fall love with her own student. He feel shamed and guilty of his own out of control as role model of region school.

    so he decide to refuse her and keep himself as single as before. That make HQG angry and take action to suicide in front of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Chinese old time, teacher is a role model of society. Master and student relationship is permanent just like permanent relationship between father and son. Teacher like father has responsibility not only teaching knowledge, also master is a role model of his student for all his life.

    student is required to be treat her master as respectful as her real father.
    Be obey his command all the times. student is required to be devoted to his master for all their life.

    So BZH feel guilty and self shamed on having sex mind and behaviour on his own student when he kissed his own student. He feel he is ruin the master-student relationship. that's why he is determined to refuse her after he kissed her. he said it was a mistake and he can not keep making mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. read the novel. it have more logical sense in the original novel.

    In the novel, Chang liu decide to send a handsome man to lure the HQG. This man is deleted in TV show. according to novel, The man is good at take away the practice power of HQG when sexing her. However, when this man try to use sex lure HQU, she accepted and nearly have sex with that man.

    At that time, BZH saw the scene and be angry and walk out of the room. He do feel angry and jealousy since he know HQU is a girl with conservative mind and never sex around.

    When Bzh walked out, HQU noticed her master. She followed BZH and kneel down in front of his master to begged his forgiveness for her mistake to sex around. Suddenly, BZH kissed her strong and rude. His dominant kiss is like his punishment or offering to her. HQU was found her master is also loving her and previously is just hidden his own loving emotion.

    After his kiss, HQU want to ask his master to admit his hidden loving to her. Her master feel guilty and shamed due to their master-student relationship. He said no matter loving or not loving you, we can never being together as lover. He think the love is a huge mistake and can not continue to make mistake again.

    Then hqu feel angry and want to hate him by let him regret forever. So she decide to trick him. In her trick, she let BZH killed her and lose her forever. The sword she give him can destroy her soul and she can not come back to reborn again. and she curse him to live forever and look after the world without her. Her death make BZH regret and found that he could not bear the life without her.

    when HQU died, her friend ZHU RAN decide to sacrifice his soul and saved HQU's soul which allows HQG to reborn again to continue next life. In next life, she lose her memory of previous life and BZH found her again and raised up her as her teacher again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healrun is a health news blog we provide the latest news about health, Drugs and latest Diseases and conditions. We update our users with health tips and health products reviews. If you want to know any information about health or health product (Side Effects & Benefits) Feel Free To ask HealRun Support Team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supplements For Fitness snack stock, ask yourself if you are really hungry or are you just trying to eat because you are bored. If you can not tell what answer, try some bottled water. Usually, your stomach tells you in a few minutes if

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pilpedia is supplying 100 percent original and accurate information at each moment of time around our site and merchandise, and the intent is to improve the usage of good and pure health supplement. For More Info please visit Pilpedia online store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abundance Manifestor Guide is an online program aimed at those who want to change their lives. It is one of the latest guides that revolves around the law of attraction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abundance Manifestor Guide is an online program aimed at those who want to change their lives. It is one of the latest guides that revolves around the law of attraction

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid listing spoilers for future episodes. You can write those speculations and spoilers in the post about Speculations and Spoilers. No vulgarity. Other than that, post away!

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks